Doing desk exercises
and trying to obtain some fitness when you are chained to a desk for eight plus hours is a really good idea.
In addition to having to be sitting at a desk you are also stuck with the usual commute of 30 minutes to and hour each way, ( or MORE!) then when you finally do get home you are pooped! So its another couple of hours in the easy chair or on the sofa then off to bed.
By figuring out ways to exercise at your desk will not only break up your day but will pump up your muscles, wake you up and provide a way for you to increase your metabolism without breaking into a heavy sweat or crawling around on the floor.
Seated Ab Exercise
- Sit up straight, roll your shoulders back and don’t touch the back of your chair.
- Take a deep breath – push your belly out and continue to breathe in.
- As you exhale slowly, concentrate on pulling your belly button in and towards the back of your spine.
**do not round your back trying to force air out**
- With your now abdomen pulled in – hold this while you now inhale and exhale easily.
- Be mindful your shoulders are still rolled back and you are sitting straight with your belly button in AND breathing easily.
after 30 to 60 seconds, again take a deep breath and push your belly out to expand your lower lungs and repeat the upper steps.
Do this every half hour you are at the desk.
For more exercises you can do at work.
Go check out some of these other posts targeted to provide you with ideas for desk exercises:
Urban Deskercises – Desk Exercise Equipment
Under Desk Exercise – The Walkstation & Gamercize
Exercise Ball Desk Chair
Unusual Office Exercise Equipment – The Hand Fitness Trainer
Weight Yourself in Style – Wi-Fi Scale
Why do Resistance Training or Weight Training?