Choose the right exercise stepper/climber for your needs plus find the best price here.
When shopping for the stepper most suitable for your needs can be a bit frustrating. There are several types of “step” machines that fall into this category.
There are home steppers and commercial steppers. Under the “home stepper” classification there are mini steppers, home climbers/ steppers like the Stairmaster and Climbermill.
The simplest way to choose the stepper for your needs is to first decide what you will use it for and then where you will use it.
Following that there are weight restrictions on all steppers. For persons over 250 lbs the choices in steppers are fewer.
Another issue is your current health. Do you have any balance issues? The mini steppers without a handle will not be a safe choice if you do. Do you have knee or hip pain? This is another consideration. In this event it may be better to choose a pedaller but your medical advisor is the best one to ask.
Portable Desk Steppers come in two basic varieties.
1.Under Desk Stepper
2.Standing Desk Stepper
The Under Desk Stepper
This classification can also be broken down into two sub-groups;
Best Price – On Sale Now!
2. Standing Desk Stepper
This is a portable stepper made to be used at your standing desk. Put a exercise stepper at your standing desk for added workplace fitness.
Choosing the Right Stepper/Climber for You
There are a few different categories of steppers. Below is a list of popular mini steppers for home and office. On this page is a list of the more popular home gym steppers and climbers.
Keep scrolling down for a description and feedback on various styles and brands.
Mini steppers are perfect for small places like the home or office.
There is another stepper on the market that really stores smoothly next to the desk. Just click this link to read more on the mini stepper with or without cardio enhancing band workout too.
The stepper is a great way to work your legs, core, and butt – as well you will get a cardio workout which will improve your stamina and burn calories. Combine all this and you will soon see an increase in your metabolism.
Mini steppers are made to be compact, operate smoothly and quietly. Similar to the mini elliptical machines, there are no handles to hold on to so be sure you are operating these safely.
1. The first on the list isn’t the biggest seller but it is the one most highly recommended. 5/5 stars! And the most expensive. It is rated for person’s up to 400 lbs and its hydraulic system has passed the tests of many users. Right away you can see by its design it is very high quality and different than the lesser expensive machines. It is used in the training for professional sports as well as rehabilitation. The Xiser Commercial Portable Stepper costs more but if price is a concern, and because it is a commercial design, you might consider going in on the purchase with a few of your workmates.
2. The second design has 4.5/5 star rating and has the added feature of a digital display (needs batteries) that counts steps taken and time of use. This Mini Exercise Stepper is about a third of the price of the Xiser and still has a lot of happy customers. The foot pedals are made of a composite plastic designed for high impact and the frame is steel.
3. Number three on the top recommended list with 4/5 stars is the Mini Stepper with Resistance Bands. Like the name indicates this one comes with resistance bands that you can attach so you can enjoy an upper an lower body workout at the same time. Also with an electronic monitor to calculate calories, time, and steps. Maximum weight recommendation is 250 lbs. This particular unit has some common complaints about squeaking and durability issues. The majority are happy with it and it’s only $40.
4. The fourth on on the top sellers list is actually referencing to two machines. The basic model and the PRO model which comes with some really heavy duty resistance straps for an upper body workout. The machine itself is the Stamina InStride Electronic Stepper with a 3.5/5 stars whereas the PRO version has a 4/5 star average. Check the price closely though – at the time of this writing it is less expensive to get the Pro Electronic Stepper. Similarities are the hydraulic cylinders and electronic display. The unit itself weights 20lb and is warranted for up to 250lbs. Also comes with a exercise DVD
5. Newly added to the list The Sit-n-Stroll has had many who love it and others who hate it. There is a more of this on another page, including a demonstration video.
For the most part – you can adapt them to fit under your desk but may find it awkward. Some people have inverted the stepper and placed boards under the far end for a foot pedal design. This modification is not recommended by the manufacturer.