The following is based on general information and if you really want to get into a great Weight Loss challenge, feel free to learn more about ours.
1. Join a supportive group. Try to eliminate the negative people if you can.
2. Exercise everyday doing something you enjoy.
3. Calorie consumption is figured out by multiplying 10 – 12 by your desired weight. It is recommended that you cut back on your calorie consumption by a little as 100cal per week.
4. Change one bad habit for one good habit every month.
5. Optimum protein intake should be between 0.8g to 1g of lean body weight.
Lean Body Mass = Body Weight – (Body Weight x Body Fat %)
6. Know your target and know where you are starting from.
7. Fats are good when they are good fats. Essential fatty acids are needed daily. EFA’s 20 – 30% of your daily calories come from healthy fats.
8. Be assured that if you follow a healthy regime you WILL reach your goals.
9. Carbohydrates are your friend and for proper body and brain function about 40% of daily caloric intake should come from carbs.
10. Failure isn’t failure unless you quit. Failure is just feedback.
11. Eat your vegetables! Have at least a cup of fruit or vegetables with every meal (including your snacks). Corn is not a vegetable. Green and orange vegetables are excellent.
12. Try to break your meals up over the day. 3 small meals and 2-3 small snacks will help boost metabolism and digestive health.
13. Progression not perfection. You don’t need to do it all at once.
14. Make better food choices first. Jumping directly from a poor food choices into a calorie restricted diet will fail – every time. Just choosing healthier foods will guarantee weight loss and feeling healthier.
15. Once you are eating good foods, then learn about the calories and proper portions.
16. Losing 0.5% to 1% a week is healthy but weight loss is not accurately reflected in your scales window. usually fat is the thing that people want to get rid of and scales will measure mass. Which means you can actually gain weight when you have lost fat.
17. Weight gain or plateau can be caused by water retention, muscle gain, inaccurate scales, and many other things. Don’t worry about losing every week focus on healthy activities first.
18. Plan your cheat meals.
19. Water not pop. No soda of any kind.
20. Awareness is everything. Know what is in your food, read the label, count the calories, get all your vitamines and nutrients daily through whole foods and not supplements.
21. Stretch, rest, and plan.
22. Keep a journal.