Gather together your team and enter to compete in the new outdoor fitness event – The Fitness Quest.
Summer is waning and school season is right around the corner but don’t pack it all up yet. While the BBQ is still hot and the sun is high here is an activity for your family, neighbours, and friends.
You can use Fitness Games to compete with your coworkers or use this idea as a fund raiser or part of your own Workplace Weight Loss Challenge!
✓ Sign up here for our new *Quarantine Weight Loss Challenge*
Spend the afternoon burning some serious calories, meet friends new and old while your team competes in fun and energizing activities
Go head to head challenging the other teams in scrimmage drills packed with fun for all athletic abilities. The a set of clues that will send you on a foot race all over town collecting treasures and more clues This game is an outdoor activity designed for just about everybody.
It isn’t about how big or strong you are its how well you work together as a team.
The Fitness Games: The Overview
Start with a Frisbee toss into the basket and fill a large water jug, untie a rope around a tree, to win a map to a hidden treasure. First team to assemble their treasure wins!
- The Great Office Weight Loss Challenge!
The most fun you have ever had at work!
Host Your Office Weight Loss Challenge. Lose Weight, Win Prizes!
ARE YOU READY? Starting soon.
The Rules Challenge Ideas Spreadsheets Sign Up Today!
The Fitness Games
1. Assemble at least four teams of four people.
2. Pick your team theme. You can dress in same color T-shirts, or pennies. If you really want to spice it up dress up in costume.
A few ideas are: you can have one team as Superheroes, another as Hollywood Hotties, Famous Villains. Cartoon Characters, or Historical Figures.
3. Each team lines up behind the line and tosses the freebies to try and get them into the laundry baskets 25 feet away. The team chooses whether one person tosses or they all toss. And anyone of the members is allowed to scramble onto the center green to retrieve the Frisbee.
Object: every time a Frisbee makes it into the basket one of the team members runs to the center watering hole, fills the 16 oz water bottle and runs back and decants it into the large water container.
(Check out this dancing fitness game)
The tossers do not stop tossing, keep tossing, keep retrieving missed Frisbees and don’t forget to grab the Frisbees that land in the basket too so you don’t run out of ammunition.
You can vary the difficulty of this by having the basket closer of making a ‘strike’ as good a as basket.
4. Once the large water container is filled, the team carries the jug over to the tree and grabs any rope to untie it.
5. They now run with the water jug and the rope to the table where there is an envelope with their team color or sticker figure (ie Famous person or Superhero) of their team theme and open it to find out the location of their treasure.
6. Running with the water and rope and map to the location of their treasure they must exchange the map and rope for their envelope.
7. Without opening the envelope and taking the water container they run back to the starting point table and open their envelope and put their puzzle together.
8. First team with their puzzle together wins!
This game takes a little preparation so here is your list.
Acquire the following:
- -A children’s puzzle of 8 to 10 pieces for each team
- -A different color of spray paint for each team.
- -Four Frisbees for each team.
- -One laundry basket for each team.
- -One 4 gal empty plastic water jug for each team.
- -One 12 or 16 oz plastic water or pop bottle for each team member.
- -4 foot length of rope for each team.
- -A large 8 x 11 envelope for each team.
- -A small envelope for each team.
- -A map and instructions with the location of the puzzle treasure for each team.
The people who cannot physically participate will have lots of fun watching and monitoring the survivors!
1. You will need a back yard or a picnic area with a table and a tree or a pole.
2. Open all the puzzle boxes and paint each puzzle a different color, so what ever was printed on the face of it is now covered in one color of paint.
3. There are 4 Frisbees per team so each team Frisbee set is painted the same color as the puzzle for that team.
4. Ask a local corner store or a neighbour about a mile away if they would be willing to be a check point for your upcoming back yard event.
5. Optional – paint the laundry baskets to match the teams.
6. Put the puzzles into separate large envelopes and seal them.
7. Place a sticker of the team theme ( Superhero, or Witches ) or with the color of the puzzle inside written on the outside of the envelope.
8. Deliver these to your helpful neighbour or store that is willing to assist in the game.
9. Tie a 4 foot piece of rope around the tree or pole for each team.
10. Use at least 4 knots in each, more if you want it to be more challenging and wet the rope if you want to drive people insane.
11. Set up one large central watering hole, you can use garbage cans or a kiddie pool.
12. Set up two chalk lines 25 feet apart and long enough so teams can gather behind the lines.
13. Place a laundry basket for each team on one side and the 4 Frisbees, 4 small empty water bottles and one large empty water container on the opposite side.
Once the teams are ready in their costumes the game is afoot!
+++Feel free to add variety to the game+++
You can incorporate more races, challenges or a scavenger hunt. Let your imagination run wild with your own fitness games!