This mini pedal exerciser is very popular.
The top two qualities that most people find attractive is it is light and portable. Because of this you can tuck it away neatly under your desk or off to the side and just as easily pull it out to use it.
Portable Pedal Exerciser
If you want a desk cycle that you can carry back and forth or want one for travelling that you can stuff in your suitcase, you might be more interested in a folding pedal bike.
The Stamina 15-0120 InStride Cycle XL can be used for both legs and arm exercises. To use it for a hand pedal bike you can put it on top of a desk for a comfortable height. This is great for people needing to build strength in their arms or require rehabilitation or have shoulder issues requiring fluid movement.
Watch the VIDEO below for a full demonstration of this.
Many people love to use this at home too. While seated in their favourite chair they can pedal away while watching TV.
There is a small battery operated monitor that allows you to time your workouts. With this information you can calculate your calories you are burning as well by using any of the free online calorie calculators.
Setting up the Resistance
The tension control is very simple to operate and allows for a wide range of resistance settings. All you need to to is tighten or loosen it to your liking.
The rubber feet on the cycle provide good traction on all kinds of surfaces to resist slipping and sliding around.
The frame itself is made of a lightweight but durable steel so you can be assured of quality. This mini exercise pedal bike was made to go the distance.
Benefits of Stamina InStride Cycle XL
Having a quality cardio unit around that will be convenient for you to use will encourage and motivate you. Benefits of using the cycle are improved cardiovascular health, increased metabolism, as well as improved muscle tone and strength.
Working out with this machine will work both upper and lower body. By pedalling with the feet you will work your legs and thighs, pedalling with your hands will build strength and tone arms, shoulders and back.
You can work your core and abdominals too.
- Use at the office under the desk or off to the side.
- Use at home while watching TV or reading.
- Use while travelling in your hotel room or even in the car or on the plane.
When you pedal you increase the blood flow improving circulation. This has also been show to benefit blood pressure and lower bad cholesterol levels.
By building strength and exercising the joints the bones benefit as well. This is helpful for anyone and can help prevent osteoporosis.
Improved flexibility, better lung function, better digestion, and reducing the risk of diabetes all in one little machine.
Although there is some assembly required, people state that it isn’t difficult.
Based on feedback from over 600 customers here are the general Pros & Cons of the Stamina InStride Cycle XL
The general consensus is positive.
This is NOT an expensive machine. For what you pay you are getting a good product. The majority of people use it at work under their desks and at home in front of the TV.
A wide range of people benefit from this. The elderly, the young, obese, men, and women. Because it is convenient to keep around and doesn’t take up a lot of space people actually use it after they buy it.
This is a small pedal machine and will not provide the same sort of workout you would get from a full size stationary bike. It is intended for light exercise.
If the negative comments are a concern to you then the mini pedal exerciser that may be more suitable would be the DeskCycle.
Stamina 15-0120 InStride Cycle XL Pros
- Although it is not an adjustable height pedal exerciser, it is already quite low to the ground.
- It weights only 9 lbs so it’s portable and easy to move around.
- Works both arms and legs.
- Tension easy to adjust.
- Most people say it holds up well and quite durable.
- Great for seniors and rehabilitation patients.
Stamina 15-0120 InStride Cycle XL Cons
- People with larger feet find the straps too small and have to use it without the foot straps.
- Some people complain that it is wobbly, other people do not. It is uncertain whether this is a manufacturers flaw on some units or if there were errors when assembled.
- The friction tension knob will get hot if used heavily. This sometimes caused a squealing noise but can be quieted quite easily by adding liquid graphite found in any hardware store.
- Some people find the unit will slide away. The solution to this has been to butt it against the wall or another heavy object.
- It has a small range of motion that some people find too small.