The Stel’Air Pedaller is used in Dialysis units all over. It is quiet, versatile, and durable.
Here is more information on reducing and preventing Dialysis cramping and exercise.
The Alberta Health Renal Program uses them for patience exercising during dialysis. They are also available through their Home Exercise Equipment Loan Program – HEELP
HEELP provides exercise equipment through funding from the Canadian Kidney Foundation. In-patients participating in exercise programs waiting for transplants with access and income restrictions.
Cycling helps to remain active and can be done while receiving dialysis treatment. It helps to pass the time while improving physical and mental health.
Stel’Air Medical Pedaller in Detail
PORTABLE & LIGHT
The Stel’Air Medical Pedaller is portable, light, and well-crafted.
As a portable mini exercise bike it offers an ultra smooth and quiet pedalling experience.
Designed to work as a leg and arm exercise machine for general fitness, rehabilitation, and for helping with circulation and various mobility issues. It is the perfect choice for pedalling activity during dialysis.
The Stel’Air Medical Pedaller is suitable overall for general fitness needs. Made of durable and quality components it also comes with a variety of options and accessories.
The belt driven flywheel provides a stable drive system that gives better resistance than friction mini pedal machines and is much quieter than chain driven machines.
ACCESSORIES ADD FUNCTIONALITY
The optional accessories available are top-notch for adding functionality for the operator of this machine.
The magnetic resistance components allow for several settings and will deliver a smooth and quiet experience. There are no pads, chains, or other forms of friction device being used for resistance. There won’t be the usual jerky feeling from the pedals that the friction machines are known for. Just smooth and quiet pedalling all the way.
The Stel’Air Medical Pedaller is durable and great for at home, or therapeutic applications. It has a small footprint and takes up very little space so it can be stored easily.
Stel’Air Medical Pedaller Arm & Leg Exerciser
The Stel’Air Medical Pedaller comes with a digital display so you can see how fast you are going, track your time and distance and you can monitor how many calories you are burning each time you pedal.
Stel’Air mini pedal machines can help to boost your current fitness level.
Used world wide by happy, satisfied customers at home, in the office, nursing homes, dialysis units, chiropractic offices, assisted living facilities, physical therapy, hospitals, and other places where healthy exercise is wanted.
To use it from home you need only your favourite chair and the TV remote. Let your legs pedal while you watch your shows. Maybe you would prefer to read a book instead? Either way the smooth and quiet operation of the Stel’Air Medical Pedaller will allow for pedalling without disturbing you or the people around you.
STEL’AIR MEDICAL PEDALLER FEATURES
Use just about anyplace, while watching TV, reading, at work, talking on the phone, and during dialysis. It can make a great travel companion too!
The adjustable front and rear supports give excellent stability so it’s not wobbly.
Compact and lightweight (16″ x 16″ x 18″, 22 lbs).
• Adjustable Magnetic Resistance – Up to 130 Watts of Max Resistance.
• Sturdy Steel Frame.
• Computer Functions – Speed, Time, Calories, Distance and Scan.
• Housing High Impact plastic.
• Weight 22 lbs.
STEL’AIR MEDICAL PEDALLER CAN ALSO BE USED AS ARM EXERCISE PEDAL MACHINE
Place the bike on your kitchen table and attach the ergonomic handles (optional) to exercise your arms and shoulders. Check with your medical practitioner first but many people have found this is great for frozen shoulder and other upper body range of motion complications.
The arm workout will provide resistance so you can build strength as well as improve circulation.
STEL’AIR MEDICAL PEDALLER ACCESSORIES
The Stel’Air Medical Pedaller has a variety of available accessories that compliment and maximize the use of this mini pedaller.
Fantastic for physical therapy. Recommended when using the Stel’Air Medical Pedaller as an Ergometer Arm Bike.
Note! If you plan to switch between the ergo handles and other pedals, we highly suggest purchasing the Quick-Connects (see below). Otherwise you will likely wear out the threads on the pedal arms.
• Ergonomic design places your hands in a more natural position
• Super for physical therapy and when using the Stel’Air Medical Pedaller as an arm bike
• Smooth forward and in reverse rotation; Each handle contains two high-quality sealed bearings to ensure smooth motion and a very long life.
• Standard 9/16 threads fit many brands of exercise bikes.
• Sturdy construction; built to last; Comes with a full one year manufacturer’s warranty.
• Excellent for physical therapy.
The Stel’Air Ergonomic Handles place your hands in a more natural position providing a smooth upper body workout with ergonomically designed comfort. Each handle is made from sturdy steel and contains two high quality sealed bearings to ensure smooth motion and a very long life.
Go here for more information on the Stel’Air Ergonomic Handles UH-857.
Medical Level Foot Pedals BF-945: Designed for people needing a more secure attachment to keep their feet in the pedals. These are very helpful for people with partial paralysis, neurological impairment, muscle degeneration, or similar needs requiring the foot to be securely strapped to the exercise pedal machine.
This is a helpful addition when pedalling from a supine position in bed or lounging chair so you don’t have to focus on keeping your feet from sliding out.
• These foot pedals are commonly used in physical therapy offices, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
• They are designed for patients who, for medical reasons, cannot keep their feet in standard pedals.
• Each pedal has adjustable Velcro heel and toe straps.
• The patient should wear shoes and socks when using these pedals.
• We also recommend using the 22-inch wide Adjustable Leg accessory.
For more information on Medical Foot Pedals BF-945.
Larger Display XZ-893:
• Large, High-Contrast numerals are easy to see; numerals are twice as large as standard display
• 5 functions; Displays Time, Distance, Speed, Calories, and Scan
• Works with Stel’Air Medical Pedaller
• 1 year warranty
• Window size is 77 x 46mm; Digit size is 35 x 13mm
For those of us whose vision isn’t quite what it used to be. The numerals are twice as large as the standard display.
Press the button to select between Speed, Time, Distance and Calories. You can set the display to Scan Mode where each function is displayed for 3 seconds before displaying the next.
Automatically turns on when you pedal and turns off when not in use. Go here for more information on the Stel’Air Large Display XZ-893.
22-Inch Adjustable Leg JZ-257: Use this for a more recumbent slope for the Stel’Air Medical Pedaller. It raises the front 4 inches and gives a wider leg to reduce wobble for people having difficulty using the bike in the prescribed fashion.
• The 22-inch wide base helps to eliminate side-to-side rocking.
• Improves the stability of the Pedaller
• It raises the front of the bike by 4 inches preventing front-to-back rocking.
• Highly recommended for use in nursing homes, assisted living facilities or physical therapy offices where the patient has difficulty pedalling correctly.
• You don’t need this leg if you can use the bike as described in the manual.
Improves the stability of the bike. The wide 22 inch base helps to eliminate side to side rocking. Raising the front of the bike prevents front to back rocking.
Quick-Connects JC-675: Enables you to change between ergonomic handles and pedals in seconds.
Each set of Quick-Connects supports 2 sets of pedals/handles.
Enables you to change between two sets of hand or foot pedals in seconds. Simply remove the pin, change the pedal and reinsert the pin.
Made from tool grade steel for a long life.
• Switch between 2 sets of pedals/handles in seconds
• Eliminates thread damage caused by frequent pedal changing
• Made from tool grade steel to ensure a long life
• Extends each pedal by 1 3/8-Inch
Go here for more information on the Stel’Air Medical Quick Connects JC-675
Stel’Air Medical Pedaller with Retractable Handle & Wheels YL-832W:
The handle grip is made of durable polymer for easy cleaning. The telescopic shaft is retractable so the pedaller can be stored easily. Simply pull the locking pin to release and it will snap back into place.
The wheels are smooth rolling and large enough to work well on most floors and low pile carpet.
With the wheels at the back the feet sit firmly on the floor when in use. They do not need to be removed when used for upper body exercises.
Go here for more information on the Stel’Air Medical Pedaller with Retractable Handle & Wheels YL-832W