Cleanse all the icky toxins from your blood and other areas, and is the major contributor that assists fat to pass through your system without going right into hip storage. As a matter of fact, water helps to transport any unwanted or unneeded substance to exit your body.
Water helps to burn fat,
It also helps to transport nutrients and other needed chemicals all over your body.
Water is like a little river of health.
Water and Fat Loss
You can help to speed up your metabolism by drinking more water. This helps to process and metabolize food plus stored fat. Water is necessary for muscle tone and allows for healthy muscle contraction.
Keeping your body hydrated will help to prevent sagging skin especially during a phase of fat loss. During a time of fat loss your body is getting rid of all that fat and needs water to flush it out plus needs water to rehydrate. Water also helps to keep your skin healthy by filling it with nutrients and keeping it hydrated.
If you don’t drink enough water your kidneys won’t function optimally. If the kidneys aren’t at their best they can then dump some of their work load to the liver and the liver is then unable to function at its peak.
Because one of the livers number one tasks is to convert stored fat into energy or “calories burned” – the consequence could mean a lowered metabolism from dehydration. So to keep your liver at peak – drink water so it can metabolize your stored fat easier.
Water also helps build muscle as well as lose fat:
- Not drinking enough water can initiate a catabolic or muscle breakdown hormones.
- Bodybuilders often opt for a high protein diet, and this can produce a by-prduct called urea. You need water to assist in flushing this from your system.
- Ketones, like the urea are flushed out by water. When you burn fat you will produce ketones so here is another place where water improves your fat burning process.
- Cell-volumization is the theory that believes the more fluid filled the muscles the more nutrients will enter. Great for muscle building and therefore fat loss.
- Healthy muscle development aids in fat loss because just 1lb of lean muscle mass burns an extra 30 to 40 cal each day.
- Water has a filling effect on your stomach. Drink water before a meal and all day so you can help yourself not feel so hungry and overeat.
- You have heard that a person can confuse hunger with thurst? That is because when the body is dehydrated it also recognises that water can come from food (like fruits and salads). Try having a class of water first if it isn’t time to eat.
- Replace your sweat. If you are working hard and sweating out – increase your water intake. Remember this is maximising your bodys performance.
- Did you know that muscle is 70% water? Muscles are an efficient fat burner so if you want to lose fat, keep those muscles healthy. Did you also know that fat is only 25% water? So when you burn fat you need to add water to it so it can leave your body more easily.
- The fitter you are the faster you burn calories (higher metabolism). Your muscles store what is called glycogen which is a fuel (type of carbohydrate) that is readily burned for energy. The glycogen is used to burn the fat and each glycogen NEEDS about 3g of water.
- Drink lots of water through out the day and don’t worry about going to the bathroom often. It is healthy for you to flush out the poisons and you are doing your organs a big favor. Great for food digestion and other bodily processes too.
It will help you poop.
Water is really great for fat loss, improving your metabolism, adding energy to your step and keeping your organs and skin healthy and clean.
Here are a couple of things you can do now to increase the amount of water you are consuming today.
– Soon as you wake up drink two glasses of water. I keep a full glass on the bookcase between the bedroom and the bathroom. Have at least two glasses during your morning workout and one glass during your meals. Have a glass between each meal and at least one after your evening meal.
– Go to the sport store and buy a fancy bottle – keep it full all day and drink it.
– Set a timer to go off every hour so you remember to drink with the alarm.
– Add a little lemon for flavor to your water.
– Reduce your caffeine intake to help minimize the diuretic effect of caffeine.
– Keep trying different things until you find what works well for you.
– Water is the number one Fat Loss Supplement in my book.