Are there really benefits to joining a weight loss challenge where you bet money you will win? Can weight loss betting help?
Will putting money on the line
Top 12 Benefits to Weight Loss Betting
Some of the major benefits to joining a weight loss betting group or as an individual, betting on your own weight loss include the following:
1. Social Support: Whether you are in a group or joining up individually, you will have the support of other people who are also betting on their weight loss efforts.
Most of the online weight loss betting companies allow you to; a) bet against yourself, b) join and existing group, or c) join up as a group. The last one also allows for large corporations and smaller business groups to have their own separate betting pools.
The social support groups include such things as a private online forum or facebook groups. With paid weight loss betting programs you also have access to the customer service support should you have issues with the membership or have questions.
2. Teamwork Benefits: When you are working toward your weight loss goal and trying to win your bet, it is helpful to be able to tap into the support and encouragement of others who are trying to win as well. In some cases, previous players AND winners are still actively participating in the social groups to cheer you on and give you great tips on how to win your bet.
Trying to lose weight by yourself can be very difficult, but when you add a bit of friendly competition and money to the mix, you now have a fun game!
3. Independent Targets and Goals: You are in control! You choose your own goals and how much you can afford to bet on your own weight loss needs. If you are concerned that you may not stick with your diet, having some money to lose might just be the incentive you need.
Only you know your body best. You’ve likely dieted before and now know what worked, and what didn’t. Before placing your bet take a moment to remember what threw a wrench into your previous weight-loss efforts. Prepare for that again and coupled with committing your hard earned cash, you have now added two more incentives to stick with it this time.
By setting your own weight loss target, time target, and how much you are willing to bet,
4. Maximize Your Winnings: There are several little tricks you can incorporate into wagering on your weight loss efforts. There are little tweaks you can make to your betting times and amounts to maximize the profits. PLUS by participating in different challenges, many that you can enter at the same time. Why not take advantage of this time period where you are focusing on your health to make some money from it too.
This means you might be able to double or even triple the money you could win. All with just one weight loss event.
5. Several Challenges to Choose From: No more boredom . There are several types of challenges for you to take part in AND profit with. Aside from corporate and business groups, you as an individual can join a premade group for a jackpot challenge too. There are also 5 member teams that you can put together yourself, or join one that is in need of a player. They each have their own set of rules and this goes into more detail on each one.
6. Accountability: One of the more pressing issues with past failed weight loss attempts is the lack of accountability. It can be too easy to start to walk away from your resolution or goal when no one is watching or if you have no tangible consequences to quitting.
Using Diet Betting for Accountability
When you put your hard-earned money on the line, you not only have accountability to the other group members (if you joined a group), but more than that, to yourself by placing your initial wager. Additionally, if you do quit this time, you will also be walking away from what you could have won if all you did was stick to your weight loss efforts for just a few short weeks.
For many people who bet on their weight loss and won, this was the accountability they needed to push them to keep going and lose those last few pounds.
7. Fast Cash Payouts & Winnings: Once you’ve paid, and you’ve played, and you’ve won – now you get to collect! When you win you get to choose whether you want your money sent to you by cheque or by PayPal. Either way the money gets sent out pretty quick after your final verification weigh-in.
8. Limited Personal Information Required: Often times people won’t join a public diet betting program because they are concerned about revealing too much personal information. The good news is you will only asked for minimal personal information, like your weight and height. This is not made public. The information gathering process is kept pretty simple too so you will never need to verify your fat loss using complicated Skinfold caliper measurements.
9. Secure Website: With all the data hacks these days Cyber Security is ultra important. Betting websites are compliant with “Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure” which is a security protocol which is widely implemented on browsers and Web servers. Essentially what this means is the website is compliant with the “up to date” safety and secure protocols required on the internet today.
10. Get Started Quickly: It is easy and quick to get started. Once you figure out how much weight you want to lose, and the amount of time you need to do this, then decide on your dollar amount to bet (here is a quick guide on how to get the most money for your bet) you then just enter in the information in your signup process.
That’s all there is to it – poof! You are IN!
Don’t forget to verify the information right away so you can focus on winning your money. Here is another guide on Getting Started with Your Weight Loss Wager with more information.
11. It Could be Fun: Competing with yourself and others can be fun. Making a game out of something that usually is very difficult for many might help to remove some of the stress associated with losing weight.
12. Complementary With Other Weight Loss Efforts: You can use a weight loss bet to compliment your other weight loss and fitness programs. If you joined a gym and/or a weight loss program, putting a wager on your success can not only help to bolster your efforts, but also gives you a chance to win back some of the money you laid out to purchase the fitness products.