There are a number of ways to earn even MORE money during your weight loss betting time. Knowing how to improve the odds of winning a weight loss challenge wager in one way.
Generally, if you are getting ready to lose weight, and willing to bet on your success, there are a number of places and events you can take part in at the same time. In this way, by betting on your weight loss with various businesses and social events, you can create more profit with the one weight loss adventure.
If your company has decided to put together a weight loss challenge and has a prize pool, and you and/or your team has entered to win, this is ONE source of winnings.
Taking advantage of this time period since you are already committed to lose weight at a specific start date. You can increase your winnings by joining other weight loss betting pools.
Add additional challenges like a Step Challenge: If you have decided that walking is an activity you want to adopt to help with your calorie burning and weight loss efforts, then you can turn it into more money. There are different “step challenges” available that you can join as well that pay you when you accomplish your number of steps goals.
Important Betting Numbers and Nuances to Improve Your Odds of Winning
This example shows both the various HealthyWage weight loss betting challenges and prize boost options plus additional ideas to top up your winnings.
IMPORTANT: Not all bets are equal!
The main thing that will increase your winning percentage amount is your gender. It appears that womens bets pay out more than mens. The amounts won are based on odds of winning where the company uses a bespoke algorithm. Since men generally do lose weight easier than women (mostly because of their muscle mass), it is reasonable to have lower odds and therefore a lower payout for men.
On the other hand, if you sign up for a jackpot or team challenge – you can tip the scales in your favor by having more obese men on your team. More info on winning team challenges.
Essentially the algorithm is designed to payout more for a various combination of attributes. Ones that could be considered that could make it more difficult to lose weight (ie trying to lose a lot of weight in ratio to the time allotted). These attributes are combines with the amount of betting money invested.
You will often earn a greater profit if your monthly bet is higher… to a point. It is possible to “out-bet” your profits so take your time when tweaking your numbers prior to committing to your first payment.
Other important numbers to consider to assess your odds are:
Starting weight – The more you weight, the easier it is to lose weight at the beginning.
Amount of weight you desire to lose – the longer you are on a diet the odds increase you will quit before you reach your goals.
Final weight-out goal – the final weight goal you choose must have you at above the 18.5 BMI measurement. Anything under this is considered unhealthy and will not be accepted by the betting app.
Age – the older you are the harder it is to lose weight.
HealthyWage has Specific Minimum and Maximum Numbers You Need to Know.
By using the correct combination of details you could make more money losing weight during your challenge event.
1. Amount of Money to Bet
– The minimum amount of money you are allowed to bet is $100. If you are investing monthly you will likely pay a bit more.
– There is no hardline maximum but their calculator will let you know if your profit becomes $0 because your bet is too high.
2. Duration of time Allowed for Weight Loss
– The minimum amount of time you can play for is 6 months.
– The maximum is 18 months.
3. Maximum Amount of Weight to Lose
– There is no maximum weight loss cutoff except that you will not be allowed to bet on losing so much weight that your BMI falls below the 18.5 which is the lower range of “healthy”.
If you do try and sign up for a weight loss that averages out to more than 2-lbs/week, you will get a passive little “warning”. The program will not stop you from betting on losing much more than that. In a bizarre way they seem to encourage dramatic weight loss as it seems to directly increase your betting profits. Try it yourself! See what happens to your calculator when you increase your weight loss in excess of the CDC recommendations.
4. Minimum Amount of Weight to Lose
– The minimum amount of weight loss you can bet on is 10% of your starting weight. So if you weigh 150-lbs you need to bet (at minimum) that you will lose at least 15-lbs.
How to Bet on Your Weight Loss Strategically to Improve Your Winnings
Before placing your final bet, try this out first to see if it works for your situation.
It is important to note that most dieters fail because they quit within the first few weeks. Knowing this you may want to consider breaking up your wagers into 2 or three (or more) distinct bets.
Don’t bet it all at one time – the importance of “staging” your weight loss.
In this example, betting the minimum monthly allowed, it turns out that you can actually
Using the same parameters except gender, and not including sign up bonus money (more on BONUS money here) – here is the basic overview for
A: Female age 54 – 5’5″ tall – with a starting weight of 274-lbs. Goal Weight: 130-lbs
B: Male age 54 – 5’5″ tall – with a starting weight of 274-lbs. Goal Weight: 130-lbs
To keep the choices within the CDC recommended guideline of 2-lbs/week there were 3 comparison entries – all that (eventually) arrive at the same final weight loss goal.
1. –lose 144 lbs in 18 mo at $6/mo (do this 1 time to complete the 144-lb weight loss)
2. –lose 72 lbs in 9 mo at $12/mo (do this 2 times to complete the 144-lb weight loss)
3. –lose 48 lbs in 6 mo at $17/mo (do this 3 times to complete the 144-lb weight loss)
A: Female age 54 – 5’5″ tall – with a starting weight of 274-lbs. Goal Weight: 130-lbs with an additional < $50 Boost** >. NOTE: You can only have ONE Boost. It is kind of like a “New Customer” type of offer.
1. 18 mo – total
2. 9 mo – total
3. 6 mo – total
* MATH FUN! * Same weight over the same amount of time, the only difference was making 3 separate bets: Total increase in money earned for same weight loss is ($771.84 – $727.40) = $44.44
How to Add Even MORE Money on Top of Your Weight Loss Winnings
1. Split Up Your Weight Loss Efforts – above you will see that if you do have a fair bit of weight to lose, you may financially benefit by breaking up your efforts into strategic “chunks”. Another really good reason to do this is because your chances of completing a challenge increases.
2. Play Several Challenges at Once
The most popular to add more money to your prize earnings is by adding more and more challenges at the same time.
Some of the programs, like HealthyWage, DietBet, and others, allow you to join several different challenges at the same time.
There can be a few drawbacks or hurdles that could trip you up though. For example, they don’t all start at the same time. This means your starting weight for one challenge will be higher or lower than another. As well, the final verification can take place at different times too. This could potentially cause you to overuse some weight loss challenge cheating methods.
3. Add Sponsored Bonuses or Boosts
Some of these programs offer first time joiners a monetary incentive to try it. Here is where you can find the current offers and sign up bonus.
4. Refer a Friend and Pocket and Additional $40 – $100
Earn an additional $40 to your prize for each friend who makes a weight loss wager via your special link! Your friends will also get a $40 signing bonus (provided they don’t already have an account). You can offer your friends a $40 sign-up bonus (plus you get yours) for long after your own challenge has ended. Provided you did win your challenge.
BIG BONUS: You can get an additional $100 for every person that signs up during your first 10 days of your own challenge.
5. Lifelines (Turbo-Boost) – a Lifeline is someone(s) in your social circle that are willing to support you emotionally. You can invite as many supporters as you please without cost to them. They do have to sign up. BUT – if you want to increase the amount of money you win you can try and talk up to 5 of them into supporting you financially too!
They invest as much as they want which can add (max double the amount given) to your winnings. The amount added to your overall prize is calculated using the ROI (return on investment) to a max of 100%
So if you bet $100 and the prize payout is supposed to be $800 – that is more than the maximum 2x allowed so you can max their offer. Meaning for every $1 they invest, your payout will be double their investment adding to your winnings. So if they give $25 you get an additional $50.
6. Affiliate – An affiliate system is a type of referral. However, unlike the “refer a friend” Bonus mentioned previously, you don’t need to have completed, or won your challenge, to get $50 from every person who signs up for a HealthyWager Challenge using your special link. **Provided the person has never signed up before and does NOT have an account already. (see: how to get the bonus money ven if you already have an account)
Get $100 Bonus Boost HealthyWage Coupons
If you aren’t getting the $100 Boost indicator at the top of the page, you may have already signed up before. If you didn’t compete yet – as in, already given them your credit card info previously, AND would like to sign up now and get your bonus money, here is what you need to do:
Erase your old sign-up cookies:
This is how to do it on chrome – for any other browser just look-up “how to erase cookies on [ Safari, Firefox etc. ]. Follow the directions and then click THIS LINK FOR $100 BONUS PRIZE
Don’t forget to use a entirely different email to sign up if you want a completely fresh account.
Wrap-up: Cashing Out
When you have completed your wager and won, the winnings are put in your private portal as “points”. One point equals $1. This gives you the option to either cash out or keep the points to pay for another game, or a combination of both.
WARNING: Points expire after 12 months of “inactivity”. There is no real definition of what they mean by “inactivity”. Keep this in mind so you don’t forget or lose your money.
There may be additional costs to getting your money as well (see: the costs of winning your weight loss bet)