If you have put weight loss at the top of your New Years Resolution “ToDo” list, then you are in the right place.
🎈 Happy New Year! 🎉
When getting prepared to start your weight loss challenge for the 2022 New Year there are some things you can do right now (that don’t involve getting out of your chair) that can make it a bit easier for you to start your weight loss journey on January 1.
Here is all the info you need to have your own 👉 Weight Loss Challenge!
Steps to Win a 2022 Weight Loss Challenge
Whether you are competing with yourself or in a group, you can WIN your weight loss challenge by doing a few simple things.
If you want to join a challenge to lose weight and have made this one of your New Years Resolutions there are potentially two things that happened to put you here.
– Perhaps you tried a diet program that didn’t have any real “stick” to it. This means that it was just too drastic of a weight loss program. Maybe you managed to start off the first couple of weeks with some great results, but it was just too much to keep doing. This is quite common. Choosing a meal planning program that can guide you slowly from where you are now into a clean and healthy eating habit will be easier. There is a way to do this and still loose weight quickly and healthily. Unhealthy meal planning is a top reason why diets will fail.
– Another very common reason for making weight loss a New Year Resolution priority is simply because the pounds have snuck up onto your hips or butt or belly over time.
Regardless of why you want to join in a 2022 Weight Loss Challenge, take the time to write out all the things that got in your way the last time. Now you can prepare for these de-railers this time.
2. Once you have come up with the list of things that got in your way the last time, come up with
Benefits of Joining a 2022 Group Weight Loss Challenge
Many people do find success by organizing their own weight loss plan. They choose a diet, a workout program, and pick up a journal to record their progress. Those three things are the best tools you can have.
By adding a few more tools that include the support and accountability you get from taking part in a Group Weight Loss Challenge, the chances of success really go up.
Different types of successful and fun group weight loss challenges include the following:
1. Weight Loss Challenge for Friends – This type of challenge involves a friendly form of competition.
To get started on a friend challenge you can begin by contacting a few of your closest and dearest friends to see if they would be interested. The fun thing about this is you can all schedule time together to exercise, cook together, and share your funny journal entries.
If you have more than 4 or 5 friends that want to join then you can break out into teams. Friendly competition and accountability can really help push you to success.
2. Workplace Weight Loss Challenge – organizing a challenge at the workplace probably has a few nuances that need to be noted. If the company you work for is large enough for a HR department and/or a OHS department, then those are the folks to speak with first about organizing a challenge.
Some considerations for the workplace and to make it fair is to have a strong set of weight loss challenge rules designed to encourage fair play and equitable chances to win. One of the very important steps needed to take before forming workplace teams is to find out who might be interested. Be sure to invite EVERYONE. It doesn’t matter if you think they need to lose weight or not. A proper “Healthy” Weight Loss Challenge can involve everyone. If you have enough people interested. then you can limit the number of people per team.
3. Family Challenges for Weight Loss – a family weight loss challenge event can be quite similar to the friends challenge. However, there are some unique differences and advantages if you have more than one person under the same roof working together.
Another great advantage to having a family weight loss challenge is the familiarity with one another. You can play silly games and just laugh about it. Often times you can organize some outdoor family fitness games that will burn off a bunch of calories and then followup with a healthy buffet style meal. Everybody chips in and everybody can play. Even the family members who aren’t officially taking part in the weight loss part of the challenge can take part and have fun.
4. Online Weight Loss Challenges – If you don’t have a family or workmates you want to team up with for your New Year Weight Loss Challenge, you can still join a group online.
There are both free and paid groups to join. One of the easiest ways to find a weight loss challenge online is to Google it, or check on Facebook for online challenges to join.
The family and workplace challenges can also be modified to be done virtually too so you don’t have to worry about illness interrupting your weight loss journey.
To set up your own group weight loss challenge we have put together an awesome toolkit that has everything you should need. To find out more about the toolkit you are invited to download a copy of the Group Weight Loss Challenge iPAK